£35,000 – 40,000 basic salary with additional £20,000 OTE.
Location: Nationwide opportunities.
Company Car (Audi, BMW, Mercedes), Pension, 25 days of annual leave (plus bank holidays), Healthcare scheme.
To develop sales opportunities for the COSHH business unit. To become the Transport and Logistics specialist and develop opportunities within this sector. In accordance with business needs, support the development of new sales recruits.
Working closely with the Head of Sales, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will hold responsibility for developing and delivering on an annual territory sales plan. You will develop your understanding of the Transport and Logistics sector and build a strategy around growth in this area.
Working alongside the marketing and telesales teams; you will respond to, develop and convert leads/opportunities via client meetings. Via a consultative approach, you will lead all communications with prospective clients from initial contact right through to sale to maximise new business conversion and build strong, lasting working relationships.
Developing product knowledge across the Alcumus Group, you will facilitate the identification of cross selling opportunities and become a key member of the sales team, encouraging effective teamwork in order that team targets can be met and exceeded on a sustainable basis.
- Excellent communication, numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to build rapport
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Have a high level of organisational skills and a proactive approach to service improvement
- Ability to prioritise workload and be self -motivated to achieve tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated and ability to be part of the team
- Previous successful experience of implementing sales performance strategy
- Driven to monitor and achieve target numbers
- Commercially astute to be able to identify business opportunities and innovative solutions to deliver
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Excellent negotiation skills to ensure full value is achieved for the business unit
- Experience of managing both existing relationships and farming those as well as generating new business leads
- Experience of defining and implementing a sales strategy to achieve annual targets.
- Reliable and dependable
- To be able to work on their own initiative and to motivate others
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to working with and helping others as required
- To be able to challenge existing standards and ways of working to encourage improvement
- Well-rounded personality, very open minded with a positive outlook
- Highly driven to continually exceed targets
- Very confident and has significant presence to be able to command a room
- High levels of integrity
- Feels a sense of ownership of achieving the numbers and working with operational teams to realise this
- Will take an innovative approach towards achieving targets and driving revenue.
To find out more information or apply for a position, please email Terri Foulston, Head of Recruitment and Retention on firstname.lastname@example.org.