About ISO 10002
ISO 10002 provides guidance on the process of complaints handling related to products within an organisation, including planning, design, operation, maintenance and improvement. The complaints-handling process described is suitable for use as one of the processes of an overall quality management system.
ISO 10002 is not applicable to disputes referred for resolution outside the organisation or for employment-related disputes.
It is also intended for use by organisations of all sizes and in all sectors. Annex A provides guidance specifically for small businesses.
ISO 10002 addresses the following aspects of complaints handling:
- enhancing customer satisfaction by creating a customer-focused environment that is open to feedback (including complaints), resolving any complaints received, and enhancing the organisation’s ability to improve its product and customer service;
- top management involvement and commitment through adequate acquisition and deployment of resources, including personnel training;
- recognising and addressing the needs and expectations of complainants;
- providing complainants with an open, effective and easy-to-use complaints process;
- analysing and evaluating complaints in order to improve the product and customer service quality;
- auditing of the complaints-handling process;
- reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the complaints-handling process.
ISO 10002 is not intended to change any rights or obligations provided by applicable statutory or regulatory requirements.
Information & Quotation