Santia Consulting Limited are proud to be part of the Alcumus Group. We are currently looking for an Asbestos Programme Manager in the Liverpool area.
Main purpose of the role:
The Asbestos Programme Manager will be responsible for the mobilisation and delivery of programmes of work, providing an effective bridge between sales, operations and clients to ensure agreed timescales, processes and quality standards are met.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Mobilise work from sales to operations
- Work alongside operations and scheduling to ensure work is delivered within agreed timescales and processes
- Ensure quality of work and provision of appropriate and timely information and documentation to the customer, taking into account client KPIs and internal quality control requirements
- Provision of project briefings to field staff to ensure the technical requirements of the work are met in the most economically and legislatively compliant manner in line with customer needs.
- Engagement of Asbestos Removal Contractors, to include the provision of all necessary information to enable order number to be raised (i.e. subcontractor agreement) and any dispute resolution thereafter
- Preparation of contract documentation, bill of quantities, specifications, client quality plans and risk assessments
- Prompt invoicing of work via daily “close down” compliance
- Comply with the requirements of weekend-working protocol
- Development of existing client relationships to secure new large scale programmes of work
- Follow up control actions/addressing no access areas to maximise client compliance with existing regulatory requirements
- Production of quotations and proposals in accordance with the business’s agreed rates and conditions of engagement
- Maintain (and gain) all appropriate technical skills to ensure compliance with requirements outlined in the core competency area
- Assist with complaint resolution including the implementation of preventative measures to minimise reoccurrence.
The successful candidate:
- Actively review all current/new legislative documentation to provide consultancy advice to internal staff and clients
- Exceptional communication skills; ability to present confidently and effectively to develop client relationships
- Powerful, proven leadership skills; experience in mentoring and motivating a team to deliver first time
- Creates a professional, disciplined culture that encourages customer excellence
- Retention of airborne fibre monitoring, fibre counting, supervision and clearance skill sets in accordance with HSG 248 and internal UKAS procedures document APGN 1
- Retention of surveying, bulk sampling and report approval skill set in accordance with documented HSE procedures and internal procedures document APGN 2
- Excellent IT skills including experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Experience and knowledge required:
The ideal Programme Manager will have the ability to manage programmes of work, and all associated stakeholders, to ensure delivery of excellent customer service. The candidate must represent an excellent understanding of existing asbestos legislative requirements and maintain their skill set to ensure that core competencies are retained.
- Have a solid understanding of the financial aspects of running projects
- Positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both written and oral
- Effective time-management
- Ability to work on own initiative, independently and be trusted with responsibility
- Flexibility and responsiveness to work
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in the field of asbestos
- Willingness to cover large geographical area requiring regular travel – travelling is a fundamental requirement of the role.
Level of Qualification:
The BOHS P402, P403, P404, P405
or the Certificate of Competence in Asbestos are compulsory qualifications.
We as an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sectors of the community.
Closing Date for Application – 6 June 2016.
We look forward to hearing from you.