Alcumus can provide you with disability access services to assist you in meeting the requirements imposed by the Equality Act. The Act requires service providers and businesses to review their policies, procedures and service delivery in respect of persons with protected characteristics under the act including age, gender and disability.
Our disability access audit looks at all aspects of disabled access including:
- Building management
- Approaches, routes and street furniture
- Car parking
- External ramps and stairs
- Entrances, reception and lobby areas
- Horizontal circulation including corridors and doors
- Internal ramps and stairs
- Lifts including platform lifts and stair lifts
- Sanitary accommodation
- Signage and way finding
- Lighting, surfaces and acoustics
- Means of escape
The legal obligations of the Act are clear – service providers and businesses should now be complying with the Act.