Breakfast briefing and workshop
Wednesday 5 March 2014, 0900-1300
Alcumus Offices, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire
Co hosted by THC Consultants
In the first of a series of free collaborative events with our consultants, Alcumus is teaming up with Matt and Len from THC Consultants to explore why environmental and health & safety (EHS) compliance should be more than just a ‘box ticking’ exercise to an organisation.
What’s it about?
Compliance with legislation is a critical requirement for all businesses these days. As such it has become more prominent within management system standards such as ISO 14001 (environmental management) and BS OHSAS 18001 (occupational health and safety management).
Whilst legal compliance and certification to standards continue deliver a multitude of commercial benefits, problems arise EHS compliance becomes an onerous and resource-intensive bolt-on to an organisation, rather than an integral element of managements best practice processes. As a result business efficiency then takes a dive.
This event will discuss how your business can address its legal requirements, as a part of their route to certification. This will not only ensure that appropriate regulation is met but that business performance is also enhanced as a priority result.
Who is it for?
Any business regardless of size or industry sector which needs to demonstrate compliance with legal requirements, mitigate risk or reduce environmental impact and wishes to enhance its commercial performance through standards and certification.
What will I get?
- An awareness of common EHS compliance issues facing businesses today
- An understanding of the importance of maintaining legal registers and tips on how to use them as part of your EHS compliance processes
- An understanding of how independent assessment and certification can add value to your business beyond meeting legal obligations
- An understanding of how to incorporate and integrate compliance requirements into your systems and processes
- Learn how demonstration of compliance and certification to standards can improve business efficiencies, help reduce risk and enhance corporate reputation
- Certificate of attendance that can be used towards demonstrating CPD
- Access to compliance and certification experts
- Networking opportunity with other delegates
- Lunch and refreshments during the event
- Free entry and information pack