The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) has launched its proposals to revise the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007 (CDM Regulations).
The main proposed changes are to make the Regulations easier to understand by:
- replacing the CDM co-ordinator role with the principal designer
- replacing the ACOP with targeted guidance
- replacing the detailed and prescriptive requirements for individual and corporate competence with a more generic requirement
- aligning notification requirements with the Directive
- apply the Regulations to domestic clients but in a proportionate way
The launch will be followed by a 10-week consultation period when the construction industry can respond to the proposals. The consultation began on 31 March and ends on 6 June 2014.
Full details on the consultation can be found at: http://www.hse.gov.uk/consult/condocs/cd261.htm