With just over a week passing since ISO 14001:2015 was published, the long awaited revision of the world’s leading quality management standard, ISO 9001:2015 is also now available.
What are the changes?
All ISO standards are reviewed every five years to establish if a revision is required to keep it current and relevant to the marketplace.
The ISO 9001:2015 revision contains key improvements that include:
- A common high level structure and numbering system based upon Annex SL in line with ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013
- A greater commitment from leadership
- An increased importance given to risk based thinking, moving away from classical corrective/preventative action
- A broader measurement, planning and implementation view
- More effective communication, driven through a communications strategy
Commenting on the publication, Martin Smith, CEO of Alcumus said: “ISO 9001 has been a key business sustainability tool for thousands of our clients for many years. The revised standard will provide them with a more performance based management system standard, and a more integrated approach to quality management.”
Transition arrangements for current clients
We have been working behind the scenes to become one of only a handful of certification bodies who are working with UKAS on an ‘early adopter scheme’. This means we are well advanced in the transition process and expect to receive formal accreditation imminently, and are well positioned to support our clients through the transition process. This is a tribute to the professionalism, technical competency and commitment of our technical and auditing teams.
There are a host of ways in which Alcumus ISOQAR can help you with the transition to the new standard. Click on the links below:
- Download the ISO 9001:2015 transition checklist
- Book a pre-assessment visit
- Book a transition training course
- Register for a complimentary transition Q&A webinar on 13th October 2015 – during the webinar you will have the opportunity to ask questions, but if you would like to submit any questions beforehand please email them to us here. You will also be able to ask questions about ISO 14001:2015.
If you are certified to this standard with another certification body, why not find out more about transferring your certification to us free of charge? For more information, call us on 0161 865 3699.
For information on changes to the ISO 14001:2015 standard and transition assistance, please click here.