Step 1: Obtain the standard and consider buying a starter pack
- Buy a copy of the Standard and familiarise yourself with the requirement.
- Research the wealth of information available, both published and web based, that can help you navigate and implement the Standard.
Step 2: Assemble your team, review Alcumus ISOQAR training courses and define your strategy
- Senior management commitment and involvement is crucial – they decide on the business strategy that needs to be supported by the management system.
- Look to work with an external consultant to assist with both defining your strategy as well as the actual implementation.
- Establish a dedicated team to develop and implement the management system – they may require training to equip them with Standard specific knowledge.
- Look at our training courses to find out how we can help.
Step 3: Develop your management system (documentation and procedures)
- Your management system should document all of your organisation’s policies and processes for managing its activities.
- Establishing process performance monitoring, identifying areas of weakness, analysing problems and implementing continual improvement measures allow you to focus on customer and business needs.
- Procedures describing the key processes of your organisation will help you to establish a culture of best practice within your organisation.
Step 4: Implement your management system
- Effective communication and appropriate training are key to successful implementation, to ensure that the whole organisation is working in accordance with your procedures.
- Keep controlled records, so that you can demonstrate how effective your management system is.
- After your internal audit, conduct a management review and ensure any corrective actions are fulfilled to ensure its continuing suitability and effectiveness.
Step 5: Book your certification assessment with Alcumus ISOQAR
- Continual improvement is central to the main objectives behind implementing any management system, and its effectiveness depends in part on working with a certification partner who understands the importance of continually looking for opportunities to refine and improve your business operations.
- We have an enviable record for customer satisfaction – but don’t just take our word for it; visit our testimonials page to find out what our clients have to say about our auditing style!
Step 6: Take advantage of an Alcumus ISOQAR pre-assessment
- A “pre-assessment” will provide you with a preliminary evaluation of your management system, enabling you to identify opportunities for improvement and potential non-conformances before beginning the accredited certification process.
Following certificate assessment
- On successful completion, we’ll issue a certificate of registration, clearly outlining the scope of your certification.
- Our certificates carry the UKAS “Crown and Tick” logo – essential if your certificate is to be recognised by clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Your Alcumus ISOQAR auditor will carry out annual audits for on-going conformance, and support your continual improvement activities.