ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management Systems
What is ISO 22000?
ISO 22000 specifies requirements for a food safety management system where an organisation in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption.
It is applicable to all organisations, regardless of size, which are involved in any aspect of the food chain and want to implement systems that consistently provide safe products. The means of meeting any requirements of ISO 22000 can be accomplished through the use of internal and/or external resources.
ISO 22000 specifies requirements to enable an organisation to:
- plan, implement, operate, maintain and update a food safety management system aimed at providing products that, according to their intended use, are safe for the consumer
- demonstrate compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory food safety requirements
- evaluate and assess customer requirements and demonstrate conformity with those mutually agreed customer requirements that relate to food safety, in order to enhance customer satisfaction
- effectively communicate food safety issues to their suppliers, customers and relevant interested parties in the food chain
- ensure that the organisation conforms to its stated food safety policy
- demonstrate such conformity to relevant interested parties
- seek certification or registration of its food safety management system by an external organization, or make a self-assessment or self-declaration of conformity to ISO 22000
Why choose ISOQAR for your audit?
ISOQAR has an enviable record for customer satisfaction for its certification services. A friendly approach and a dislike of bureaucracy have led to unprecedented growth through referrals from contented clients. ISOQAR only employs auditors that have empathy with this approach. They are also carefully allocated by their experience in the industry they are auditing. This results in a practical, meaningful audit, carried out in an air of mutual understanding. ISOQAR firmly believes that an audit should benefit the organisation that requests it, not be an intellectual exercise to ‘please’ the auditor.
What is the cost of audit to ISO 22000?
A guidance price list is provided as part of our information pack. For a fixed, written quotation however, we require a few more details. These can be submitted to ISOQAR via a short questionnaire, or by telephone on 0161 865 3699. Quotations are provided without any obligation.
For an information pack about ISOQAR’s certification services click here.