SIA-ACS – Security Industry Authority Approved Contractor Scheme
What is the SIA Approved Contractor Scheme?
SIA-ACS is the recognised performance standard for the security industry.
It applies to the processes that manage and control an organisation’s services. It prescribes systematic control of activities to ensure that the needs and expectations of customers are met. It is designed and intended to apply specifically to a wide range of services offered by the security industry:
- Security Guarding
- Door Supervisors
- CCTV Operation
- Close Protection
- Key Holding
- Cash/Valuables in Transit (CVIT)
- Vehicle Immobilization
To obtain a personalised quotation and the start the process to gain SIA-ACS verification to click here.
Why seek verification to the scheme?
- SIA Approved Contractors have special dispensation to deploy security staff while their licence applications are being processed.
- Verification of SIA-ACS by an approved certification body shows commitment to quality, customers, and a willingness to work towards improving efficiency.
- It demonstrates the existence of an effective quality management system that satisfies the rigours of an independent, external audit.
- An SIA-ACS certificate enhances company image in the eyes of customers, employees and shareholders alike.
- It also gives a competitive edge to an organisation’s marketing. SIA Approved Contractors can display the ACS plaque and certificate and add the mark to company stationery and promotional material.
How do you implement SIA-ACS? What is involved?
- Register with the SIA (www.the-sia.org.uk) and download a current Self-Assessment Workbook. (SAW)
- Work through the workbook to ensure appropriate standards are being maintained.
- Record scores and evidence on the ACS Achievement Record available on the SIA Website.
- Ensure you are meeting all the required standards.
- Request an ACS application pack via the SIA Website.
- Send your application to the SIA together with relevant payment and submit your Online Achievement Record (OLAR).
- Select the SIA-approved body you wish to undertake the verification of your self-assessment (hopefully you will select ISOQAR!).
- After a successful verification visit, and following final approval by the SIA, your application will be considered and approved by the SIA so long as you meet the necessary decision criteria (ACS status will be confirmed).
- Annual re-verification is required (to ensure that the company continues to meet the requirements of the ACS) and full verification every 3 years.
Please note that ACS status cannot be conferred without prior verification by a third party accredited verification body approved by the SIA.
Why choose ISOQAR for your verification?
ISOQAR is proud to be one of the first and now leading companies approved by the SIA to undertake ACS verification visits.
ISOQAR has an enviable record for customer satisfaction for its certification services. A friendly approach and a dislike of bureaucracy has led to unprecedented growth through referrals from contented clients. ISOQAR only employs auditors that have empathy with this approach. They are also carefully allocated by their experience in the industry they are auditing. This results in a practical, meaningful audit, carried out in an air of mutual understanding. ISOQAR firmly believes that its audits should benefit the organisation that requests it, not be an intellectual exercise to ‘please’ the auditor.
What is the cost of verification to SIA-ACS?
For over a decade, ISOQAR’s day rate has been consistently lower than the industry’s norm.
For a fixed, written quotation however, we require a few details. These can be submitted to ISOQAR via a short questionnaire or alternatively contact ISOQAR for more details. Quotations are provided without any obligation.
Where to obtain further information or help
For the most comprehensive information of the Approved Contractor Scheme, we recommend you visit the SIA website at www.the-sia.org.uk.
Alternatively, please feel free to contact ISOQAR at any time.