What are the changes?
The new version follows a new higher level structure that is aligned with other management system standards – the key changes revolve around the increased importance given to business risk. All ISO standards are reviewed every five years to establish if a revision is required to keep it current and relevant to the marketplace.
The ISO 14001:2015 revision contains key improvements that include:
- A greater commitment from leadership
- An increased alignment with strategic direction
- Greater protection for the environment, with a focus on proactive initiatives
- More effective communication, driven through a communications strategy
- Life-cycle thinking, considering each stage of a product or service, from development to end-of-life
Transition arrangements for current clients
Alcumus ISOQAR have been working behind the scenes for to become one of only a handful of certification bodies who are working with UKAS on an ‘early adopter scheme’. This means we are well advanced in the transition process and have received formal accreditation.
Contact us to book a pre-assessment, or download a checklist.