ISO 27001 Protect your organisation’s data.
Implementing a management system standard such as ISO 27001 is one way to ensure that access to data is appropriately authorised and protected. The system will help ensure the integrity and security of your corporate information and will provide a robust platform for good information security management.
Whatever form the information takes, or means by which it is shared or stored, ISO 27001 helps you ensure it is always appropriately protected to assist with the preservation of:
• Confidentiality – ensuring that access to information is appropriately authorised
• Integrity – safeguarding the accuracy and completeness of information and processing methods
• Availability – ensuring authorised users have access to information when required
Benefits of certification to ISO 27001…
Cost savings through reducing or eliminating the possibility of an information security breach.
Enables compliance by establishing that relevant laws and regulations are being met.
Strengthens corporate culture by ensuring that a commitment to information security exists at all levels through an organisation.
• Reassures your customers that you are securely managing their data to a high standard
• Reduces the likelihood of a potential security breach and the costs associated with data loss
• Enhances your reputation as a trustworthy business partner and demonstrates a commitment to best practice information security management
Why seek certification to ISO 27001?
Obtaining a certificate from a third party certification body demonstrates that you have addressed, implemented and controlled the security of your information.
• Comforts customers, employees, trading partners and stakeholders – in the knowledge that your management information and systems are secure
• Demonstrates credibility and trust
• Can lead to cost savings. Even a single breach can involve significant costs
• Establishes that relevant laws and regulations are being met
• Provides a framework to give assurance that an organisation’s information security measures are effective
• Ensures that a commitment to information security exists at all levels throughout an organisation
Taking the next steps:
If you’re new to certification, don’t worry – our business development team are on hand to take your calls to explain the steps to certification – we have also produced a ‘steps to certification’ document outlining the process.
Many organisations choose to work with an external consultancy to help implement ISO 27001 and carry out an internal audit, ahead of applying for certification. As a UKAS accredited certification body and in order to maintain impartiality when performing third party audits, we are unable to endorse a particular consultant.
However, you can search for a consultant based in your region through the ‘find a consultant’ link on our website: www.alcumusgroup.com/isoqar/find-a-consultant.
Contact us today on 0161 660 8513
or drop us an email