This course is designed to help employees understand their legal obligations and ensure they consider risks specific to abrasive wheels within their individual roles.
Who should attend?
Employees who work with abrasive wheels.
Topics for discussion
- The relevant legal framework, regulations, approved codes of practice and guidance that applies to delegates’ activities
- The management regulations and company policy and procedures
- What is an abrasive wheel?
- Dangers and hazard control including desk breakage
- Mounting of abrasive wheels
- Starting new wheels
- Truing and dressing
- Safe operation
- Inspection and maintenance