This refresher course is designed to help employers meet their legal obligation to refresh training for employees who may come across asbestos in their day-to-day work in line with ACOP-143.
Who should attend?
This asbestos awareness refresher training is ideally suited for those who may encounter asbestos containing materials (ACMs) during the course of their work. This course will help to enable the attendees to work in accordance with the legal requirements in order to protect their own health and safety and that of others.
Topics for discussion
- The relevant legal framework, regulations, approved codes of practice and guidance that applies to asbestos work
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos in buildings, plant and equipment
- General procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency
- How to avoid and control the risks from asbestos
- The health risks to employees’ families and others
- The assessment of risk and the purpose of the plan of work
- Safe work practices, control measures and protective equipment
- The importance of following the procedures, controls and preventative measures
- Procedures for recording, reporting and correcting defects
- Relevant decontamination procedures
- Other work hazards including working at height, electrical, slips, trips and falls.
When discussing or booking this course, we will talk to you about the activities and job roles of the delegates who are attending. This will ensure the information delivered is relevant to the activities of your employees and their job roles.