Overview of course
Employers are responsible for providing safe and healthy workplace conditions as well as the right systems and methods for safe activities. Nevertheless employees also have a vital part to play in the equation. They need the right knowledge and the right attitude which demands proper training in the basics of health and safety, as well as specific training for individual tasks. This course is designed to ensure that all employees are aware of their own safety and the safety of customers, contractors and the public. This training is relevant to anyone who operates within a work environment.
At the end of this training delegates will have gained an understanding of: the principles of health and safety and accident prevention; how they can contribute to any health and safety management system; the importance of risk assessment as a technique for accident and ill health prevention; the responsibilities placed on employers and employees; the hazard, risk and main causes of harm to workers (manual handling, hazardous substances, exposure to noise and vibration); the importance of following systems, procedures and rules; how individual action can reduce risks to health and safety; and how workplace equipment and task design affect health and safety.
Why choose Alcumus for training
- Proven track record of delivering high quality training across an wide portfolio of compliance and certification topics
- Highly experienced trainers with relevant industry qualifications for their chosen area of expertise (including CM IOSH, OSCR, CIPD & IRCA)
- Approachable and friendly training team with extensive industry knowledge who are able to pass on practical experience
- Large pool of trainers spread across wide geographical area
- The workplace and workplace equipment
- Risk assessment
- Manual handling
- Hazardous substances
- Ergonomics and workstation design
- Transport and vehicles
- Noise and vibration