Overview of course
The CIEH Level 3 Awards in Food Safety has been developed to provide a thorough understanding of food safety procedures emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and control measures. The course is suitable for to managers and supervisors in small, medium or large catering, manufacturing or retail businesses. It is particularly relevant to any employee that has an active role in developing or monitoring HACCP based food safety management procedures.
At the end of the training delegates will understand: how to implement and supervise a food safety management system; understand food safety procedures; the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them; the terminology with respect to supervising food safety; the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety; the risks linked to cross contamination; the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety; and the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises.
Why choose Alcumus for training
- Proven track record of delivering high quality training across an wide portfolio of compliance and certification topics
- Highly experienced trainers with relevant industry qualifications for their chosen area of expertise (including CM IOSH, OSCR, CIPD & IRCA)
- Approachable and friendly training team with extensive industry knowledge who are able to pass on practical experience
- Large pool of trainers spread across wide geographical area
- Supervisory management
- Temperature control (chilling, cooking)
- Contamination control
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practices
- Implementing good food safety procedures
- Contributing to the safety training of others