Overview of course
Anyone working in a supervisory position in the food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively. This course is aimed at managers and supervisors in small, medium or large catering, manufacturing or retail businesses and is particularly relevant for those who have to develop or monitor HACCP based food safety management procedures and systems.
At the end of the training delegates will understand: how to implement and supervise a food safety management system; understand food safety procedures; the concept of food hazards and the risks associated with them; the terminology with respect to supervising food safety; the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety; the risks linked to cross contamination; the role temperature has to play in the control of food safety; and the importance of supervising high standards of cleanliness in food premises.
Why choose Alcumus for training
- Proven track record of delivering high quality training across an wide portfolio of compliance and certification topics
- Highly experienced trainers with relevant industry qualifications for their chosen area of expertise (including CM IOSH, OSCR, CIPD & IRCA)
- Approachable and friendly training team with extensive industry knowledge who are able to pass on practical experience
- Large pool of trainers spread across wide geographical area
- Supervisory management
- Temperature control (chilling, cooking)
- Contamination control
- Applying and monitoring good hygiene practices
- Implementing good food safety procedures
- Contributing to the safety training of others