Overview of course
Accidents and illness can result in disability, death or incapacity for work. The supervisor is in an ideal position to influence, monitor and train employees. They can also ensure that managers are informed, persuaded, encouraged or pressured into providing for better health and safety standards.This qualification provides a thorough understanding of health and safety emphasising the importance of monitoring staff and controls. It also details the need for a structured management approach to health and safety and the key factors in implementing health and safety policy.
This qualification will be extremely useful for anyone working in a supervisory position. By the end of the courses delegates will be able to: demonstrate an understanding of the main concepts of health and safety; show awareness of the benefits of health and safety culture; explain the roles and responsibilities of individuals, supervisors and management in health and safety; and demonstrate an understanding of health and safety control and improvement strategies available to supervisors.
Why choose Alcumus for training
- Proven track record of delivering high quality training across an wide portfolio of compliance and certification topics
- Highly experienced trainers with relevant industry qualifications for their chosen area of expertise (including CM IOSH, OSCR, CIPD & IRCA)
- Approachable and friendly training team with extensive industry knowledge who are able to pass on practical experience
- Large pool of trainers spread across wide geographical area
- Concept of health and safety
- Accidents in the workplace
- Ill health in the workplace
- Legal provisions (UK only)
- Health and safety organisation and management
- Supervising health and safety