This course aims to give property management staff the skills to be able to effectively manage the work undertaken by contractors on their sites, in line with company health and safety management procedures.
Who should attend?
Anyone involved with working with or issuing permits to work, such as building managers, supervisors or anyone who has contractors on their site undertaking complex tasks.
Topics for discussion
- Benefits of effectively managing the hazards that arise out of the work undertaken by contractors on site
- Contractor approval process to ensure competent contractors are used
- Exchanging information with the contractor
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Authorising a contractor to work on site
- When a permit to work needs to be issued
- The paperwork involved
- The legislation around control of contractors and permits to work
- Supervisory requirements for staff on site