Overview of course
This occupational safety training course is ideal for anyone with line management responsibilities, those who have been appointed as DSE assessors and those involved in delivering new staff inductions.
At the end of this course delegates will: be able to carry out DSE assessments in the workplace; understand the extent of the ill health effects from poorly-designed tasks and workstations; gain a thorough knowledge of the legal requirement and guidelines relevant to their role as an assessor; understand posture and efficient movement principles including those related to task, environment and equipment; be able to implement strategies including training needs for display screen equipment users.
- Health & safety law
- Common law
- Statute law
- The Display Screen Equipment Directive 1992
- The requirements of the regulations
- The schedule of requirements
- The layout of workstations
- Health aspects
- Correct posture
- Video on display screen equipment
- The completion of DSE risk assessments
- The equipment
- The user