This course is designed to help employers meet their legal obligation to train employees who have responsibilities for fire safety within their day-to-day role. This course includes a practical fire extinguisher section (venue permitting). Please advise the delegates to wear appropriate footwear and bring clothes appropriate for the weather conditions.
Who should attend?
Employees with responsibilities for fire safety in the workplace including fire wardens. The course will be specific to the workplace and activities of delegates within their job role.
Topics for discussion
- Outline of fire legal framework and responsible person
- Fire risk assessment, hazard spotting, how fire spreads and the fire triangle
- Fire prevention and general fire precautions
- Maintaining means of escape
- Fire log book
- What action to take in the event of a fire, in line with on site procedures
- Human response to fire and case studies relating to evacuation
- Fire warden routine duties
- Role of fire wardens, incident control coordinators and roll call coordinators in an emergency
- Introduction to fire-fighting equipment and extinguisher practical
- Requirements of the fire brigade when attending site