This course is designed to update the necessary skills required to remain a confident first aider at work, maintaining both the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies.
Who should attend?
This training course is designed for staff who have a valid First Aid at Work (1 day) certificate, First Aid at Work (3 day) certificate or a First Aid at Work Re-qualification certificate. Candidates must also be physically able to carry out the procedures detailed in the course outline.
Topics for discussion
- Assessing the situation in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who:
- is unconscious (including seizures)
- requires cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- is wounded or bleeding
- is in shock
- HSE accident reporting
- First aid kits and avoiding cross infection
In house course
These courses can accommodate up to 12 delegates.
An in-house first aid training course requires a room size 20ft x 30ft to enable 12 delegates to be trained comfortably, plus the following furniture:
- 12 delegate chairs (and tables preferably)
- 1 chair, table and flipchart for the trainer and their equipment
As there will be some participation in role-play during the first aid training course, delegates are advised to wear suitable, comfortable clothing.