This course aims to help employers satisfy the legal requirement for health and safety training by supporting their staff in the provision of information.
Who should attend?
This training course is ideally suited for caretakers and porters.
Topics for discussion
- Law: relevant health and safety legislation and the duties this places upon the company.
- Relevant sections of the company’s H&S policy, so employees know where to get the information they need.
- Accident reporting and statistics: how this is implemented within the company.
- Task specific risk assessments: principles of risk assessments and practical exercises.
- The risks associated with manual handling.
- Working at height: ladder safety.
- Safety of the main electrical installation as well as portable appliances.
- The hazards associated with work equipment.
- The control of legionellosis and COSHH responsibilities.
- The provision, maintenance, use and storage of PPE. Also look at what PPE to wear when gardening.
- Safety signs: the legislation with regard to warning, prohibition, mandatory and safe condition signage.
- Asbestos awareness: an overview of asbestos subject with many illustrations on what asbestos looks like.