This course is designed to help employees of the client meet their legal obligations and ensure they consider risk within their individual roles.
Who should attend?
This training is ideally suited for employees who work in an office. Managers who have responsibilities for managing the office demise/building will also benefit from this session however there is another course called health and safety for office/building managers.
Topics for discussion
- The relevant legal framework, regulations, approved codes of practice and guidance that apply to delegates’ activities, including relevant sections of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- The management regulations and company policy and procedures
- Risk assessment and hazard identification
- Controlling risks, leading into case studies
- Asbestos awareness relevant to office role
- Manual handling
- Display screen assessments
- COSHH relevant to office role
- Personal safety
- When contractors are working in the office