Overview of course
This training session covers legal requirements of senior management and how the adoption of best practice increases productivity and improves the bottom line of a business. The course covers legal duties, risk management and both individual and corporate responsibilities. The course is designed for senior managers, directors, board members and human resource professionals who have responsibility for managing the health and safety in the workplace.
Why choose Alcumus for training
- Proven track record of delivering high quality training across an wide portfolio of compliance and certification topics
- Highly experienced trainers with relevant industry qualifications for their chosen area of expertise (including CM IOSH, OSCR, CIPD & IRCA)
- Approachable and friendly training team with extensive industry knowledge who are able to pass on practical experience
- Large pool of trainers spread across wide geographical area
- Responsibility for health & safety at work
- Legal framework – duty of care
- Common law duties
- Statutory duties
- Statutory & civil obligations – pay twice!
- HSWA 1974 – general duties
- Management regulations
- Risk assessments
- Other regulations – a taster!
- Disqualification of directors
- Corporate manslaughter
- Accidents – the true costs
- Benefits of good health and safety standards