Before entering consultancy I worked in the heavy manufacturing sector. Since 1991 I have provided consultancy in a very wide variety of sectors, including manufacturing, construction and demolition, transport and service businesses, local authority and national government departments, etc. In the last few years, I have supported QMS in a specialist printing company, in a major commercial port operator, with whom I also assisted in the development of a port marine safety management system, as well as a large Scottish public sector port operator, and a specialist metals manufacturer.
Consultancy in management systems for quality (ISO 9001), environment (ISO 14001), etc. including updating to new editions of these standards, e.g. ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015
- Quality System Management Service: current and recent clients include
- Peel Ports Clydeport, Glasgow: quality and marine safety management systems: close liaison with Harbour Master and H&S Manager, integrated safe systems of work and close involvement with external stakeholders in Firth of Clyde Forum (now Clyde Marine Planning Partnership, CMPP)
- CCL Labels, East Kilbride: label printers: QMS with environmental and safety components
- Coastal Container Line, Liverpool and Ireland: (now part of BG Shipping): QMS
- Management system auditing: internal and supplier audits of management systems
- Integration of environmental and occupational safety and health management systems with existing quality management and other systems
- Risk Assessment, FMEA and related planning and control measures – from 2015 central to ISO 9001.