The IEMA Certificate in Environmental Management course is designed to instil and recognise environment and sustainability knowledge, and support learners to make an immediate impact on their organisation’s environmental performance.
The course covers four modules which focus on a range of topics from fundamental principles of environment and sustainability to Environmental Management Systems like ISO 14001. Upon completion of the Certificate in Environmental Management, learners will be able to:
- Explain the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations, and the role of an Environment and Sustainability professional in overcoming these challenges
- Explain sustainable business/governance models, their underlying principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Explain environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services;
- Explain major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Explain tools, techniques, systems and practices, their application and how they can be used to develop sustainable products and services and improve performance
- Explain the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect and critically analyse data and report information that informs decision making
- Identify problems and assess opportunities that deliver innovative and sustainable products and services
- Determine, implement and measure methods of effective communication
- Identify and engage in two-way communication with stakeholders
- Apply or implement tools, techniques, systems and practices that identify opportunities and risks
- Deliver projects and programmes that achieve performance improvement
- Implement change and transformation.
The IEMA certficate is for anyone who has environmental management responsibilities and needs, to build their understanding of environment and sustainability principles and the management tools that deliver change.