This is a one-day course covering the ‘how’ and ‘why’ of incident investigation, with the aim of ending the cycle of incident-and-repeat. The course ensures incident investigations are carried out effectively, focussing on learning and not blame. It encourages a more proactive approach, safer working methods and more effective control measures.
There is an end of course assessment where learners are required to analyse a filmed case study, critique interview techniques and make recommendations to avoid a recurrence.
The course covers:
- Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations
- Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident
- The process of investigating incidents
- Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviews
- How to interview people using the PEACE model
This course is aimed at those who are keen to enhance the efficiency for their incident investigations such as supervisors, SHE champions and safety representatives.
The course is accessible to different roles and levels of organisational responsibility.