This NEBOSH course is aimed at employees across all sectors who require an understanding of the management of health and wellbeing at work.
- Outline the scope and nature of health and wellbeing at work
- Understand how to build a health and wellbeing strategy for your business
- Explain the benefits of maintaining and promoting health for the working population
- Outline the principle legal framework of applicable regulations
- Describe the role of effective management in workplace health, and the effects of health on work
- Outline the role of post job-offer health screening, fitness to work standards and the Equality Act 2010
- Outline the potential impact of substance misuse in the workplace
- Outline positive benefits of work on health
- Explain how patterns of work can affect health and what control measures can be adopted
- Describe what may constitute a healthy working environment
- Identify the main causes and types of sickness absence within organisations
- Explain the use and benefits of sickness absence recording and monitoring
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of health professionals, line managers, human resources and employees in the management of absence.
The NEBOSH National Certificate in the Management of Health and Wellbeing at Work is designed for managers, supervisors and personnel responsible for staff health and wellbeing.