: Learning & Development Manager (12-month maternity cover)
Open to full-time or part-time for the right person
: Cardiff (please note, we are currently working from home due to Covid-19)
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Learning and Development Manager opportunity holds responsibility for creating and delivering learning solutions that inspire and develop talent at all levels in our business.
This role will work across our growing business utilising a blend of learning to enhance the learning experience of our teams; enabling them to develop the skills that they need to deliver their business and professional objectives; promoting a learner led culture.
We are a rapidly growing, agile business, therefore the ability for creative and innovative learning solutions to enable business performance will be a key part of the role.
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a learning and development professional with proven line management ability and previous experience in the design and delivery of various learning interventions (the blend). You will have a robust knowledge of best practice techniques to undertake effective Learning Needs Analysis and specialist knowledge of the best practice techniques required to design and deliver inspiring, engaging and effective learning solutions.
Experience of working in commercial environments with ability to assess skills gap and identify learning needs will be essential as a key area of focus for this maternity cover will be the development of our Sales & Marketing Community, from entry level through to senior positions.
To succeed, the ideal candidate will have experience or a vested interest in the end-to-end processes to ensure that the expectations of both the customer and business are met.
The Bits Our People Love
- We have a genuine focus on health & wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic people – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of employee loyalty, our annual leave allowances increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
- Free fruit – we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
- Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
Due to Covid-19, our normal recruitment process has been adapted to ensure the safety of both our employee’s and candidates therefore, where possible, interviews will take place virtually. To ensure the quality and experience of the process is kept at a high standard, you will be thoroughly prepared prior to your interview.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.