Job Title: Business Development Manager
Salary: Competitive (dependent on experience) + uncapped commission
Location: Field Based
Hours: Monday - Friday. 9am - 5pm.
The Business Development Manager holds responsibility for successfully delivering an annual new business sales target through the creation, development and conversion of an active sales pipeline in a B2B environment.
We are looking for a Business devlopment manager to maintain a good understanding of Alcumus' products and service offerings to identify solutions and articulate solution points to key prospects, develop a targeted strategy to identify and win new business in line with annual targets, develop opportunities and close business through a consultative engagement with the Client.
Create weekly/monthly forecasts on revenue to budget and produce end of month reports on revenue and market performance. Work with and coordinate the Alcumus team, to ensure a smooth customer journey right through the sales process, ensure SYPOL’s sales procedures are clearly defined and adhered to, including maintaining and keeping CRM system fully up to date.
Attend development/strategy meetings with the Sales Director- Software Division and have a positive impact of the direction of the service & Work closely with the tele-appointment team to support demand generation and meetings in territory.
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
We are looking for someone who is driven to go above and beyond for our customers. You will be proactive by nature and committed to delivering a first-class customer experience, therefore strong communication skills (verbal and written) along with External/ Customer facing sales experience are key to success in this position.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate success with achieving/exceeding targets in a results-driven environment Demonstrates self-belief and is committed to excellent service
Demonstrates trust, openness and respect in dealings with people, involved and committed to the success of the team and Alcumus SYPOL as a whole
The Bits Our People Love
- We have a genuine focus on Health & Wellbeing- With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the Development of our people - We have an amazing in-house Learning and Development team who provide a blended learning approach at all levels of your career with Alcumus to get you ready for your next step (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about Charitable work and CSR in our communities - We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular Recognition- Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic People- We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- Employee bonus scheme - if the business does well, we believe you should get an extra thank you for your hard work at the end of the year
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)- who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Company pension scheme- we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme- your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and well-being treatments/services. Your dependants under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Life assurance- we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform- you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cash-back opportunities to make your money go further!
- Enhanced family friendly leave- because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme- you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments
- Free fruit - we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
- Free parking on-site - no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
Due to Covid-19 our normal recruitment process has been adapted to ensure the safety of our employee’s and candidates. To ensure the quality and experience of the process is kept at a high standard, you will be thoroughly prepared prior to your interview. Please ensure that you have access to a webcam and either teams/skype so that your interview can take place virtually. Any presentations and assessments will also be completed virtually.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.