: New Business Sales Manager, PSM
: £Competitive + Strong OTE with uncapped commission
: Cardiff (currently set up to be working remotely until further notice)
Reporting to the Sales Director, the New Business Sales Manager opportunity holds responsibility for leading the phone-based new business sales function and associated processes for our PSM business line to ensure monthly targets are consistently achieved/exceeded. This role is accountable for managing a team of Business Development executives; setting expectations, coaching the team to improve capability, performance management and providing regular feedback via 121s and appraisals.
In addition, the New Business Sales manager hold responsibility for developing our internal processes from point of lead to sales conversion, ensuring timely response to new prospects and maximum conversion rates are achieved. This role will be required to work closely with marketing and the wider business to drive initiatives to improve lead generation, the operations manager to drive operational efficiencies and the enterprise sales team to target key high value clients, acting as the customer escalation point where required for new business sales leads/clients.
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
(People and Safety Management) product line has over 28 years of experience in providing people and safety management, with an enviable client base and impressive client retention scores.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an experienced sales professional with experience of building and leading a high performing, phone-based sales team. As a natural coach, you will have the ability to support your team to reach their full potential and feel comfortable managing performance where required.
With a proven track record of managing customers from lead through to sale, you will be able to involve the right people at the right time, working collaboratively across teams/departments to deliver to deadlines.
The successful candidate will have a strong continuous improvement ethic and an excellent understanding of new business sales processes. With a strong process and systems thinking ability, you will be able to draw insightful conclusions from available data that can be used to improve operational efficiencies.
The Bits Our People Love
- We have a genuine focus on health & wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic people – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
- Free fruit – we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
- Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
We will endeavour to provide feedback on your application within 2 weeks of submitting your CV.
The typical recruitment process for shortlisted candidates will be an initial phone/Microsoft Teams conversation with the recruitment team followed by two/three stages of interviews- one which will include a presentation element and a psychometric test.
Due to Covid-19, our normal recruitment process has been adapted to ensure the safety of both our employee’s and candidates therefore, where possible, interviews will take place virtually via Microsoft Teams. To ensure the quality and experience of the process is kept at a high standard, you will be thoroughly prepared prior to your interview.
Where face to face interviews are required, we have provided a safe space that follows government guidelines with social distancing.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.