Food based Health and Safety Consultant
Up to £40,000 + Company Car/Car Allowance
Cambridge (South East), Field Based
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Health and Safety Consultant role holds responsibility for delivering a variety of Health and Safety consultancy services, including delivering training to client at sites across the region. Building long lasting relationships with clients, the Health and Safety Consultant will be required to use their insight to identify additional opportunities and pass these to the relevant sales teams.
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
Our PSM (People and Safety Management) product line has over 28 years of experience in providing people and safety management, with an enviable client base and impressive client retention scores.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who has the ability to think and operate in a fast-paced consultancy environment. You will have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and present confidently and effectively to our clients. Qualified to NEBOSH General or above, with a minimum of GradIOSH membership, you will have demonstrated proficiency in delivery of technical services and have familiarity with legislation and best practices.
With at least three years of experience in a food-based consultancy, or similar position, you will be able to demonstrate success in a driven, customer focused environment.
The Bits Our People Love
- We have a genuine focus on Health & Wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the Development of our people – We have an amazing in-house Learning and Development team who provide a blended learning approach at all levels of your career with Alcumus to get you ready for your next step (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about Charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular Recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic People – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- Employee bonus scheme - if the business does well, we believe you should get an extra thank you for your hard work at the end of the year
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
- Free fruit – we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
- Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
The typical recruitment process for a Health and Safety Consultant will be a two-stage interview process, including phone interview and face to face/skype interview.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.