Job Title: General Manager (Operations Director)
: Highly Competitive + Company Car/ Car Allowance
: Manchester with regular travel. Please note: Your working location may be temporarily remote due to Covid-19.
Reporting to the Managing Director for our Certification and Software divisions, this newly created position an integral role in leading, growing and continuing to transform our certification business.
You’ll lead on all elements of service delivery, ensuring a 1st class end to end customer service experience is delivered whilst creating and promoting a progressive, highly engaging internal culture that is aligned to our values.
We’re an ambitious, entrepreneurial business that is thriving during times of adversity and you’ll be integral in delivering some exciting projects such as acquisitions as well as driving business performance, holding accountability for optimizing revenue and profit generation.
In addition, the GM holds responsibility for the International arms of ISOQAR, ensuring that services are delivered in line with commercial commitments; working with the MD to develop and execute a clear international strategy.
Growth is key and the GM will play a big part in ensuring the business thrives, securing double digit growth year on year and working through potential acquisition opportunities. The technology roadmap and investment we have made over the last 12 months will continue to grow and this role will have full responsibility for mobilising and improving our systems back bone with the clear mandate to drive technological solutions into the operational delivery in the business.
Alcumus is the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
product line offers UKAS certification to ISO standards and British standards. With a 95% client retention rate and 25 years of experience, our global profile enables our clients to minimise risk, deliver change, drive improvement and win more business.
The Ideal Candidate
This is a key leadership role, so we are looking for a dynamic and charismatic proven leader who will thrive in our fast-paced environment. With the ability to build strong business relationships and lead diverse teams you will have excellent commercial acumen with experience of contract negotiation and P+L management. Experience within a Certification body would also be desirable but not essential. A role model for customer excellence, you’ll have the ability to drive operational efficiencies, ensuring consistent delivery against challenging goals and business targets. Your inspirational leadership will enable you to develop high performing teams and develop talent for our successional needs.
The Bits Our People Love
- We have a genuine focus on Health & Wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the Development of our people – We have an amazing in-house Learning and Development team who provide a blended learning approach at all levels of your career with Alcumus to get you ready for your next step (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about Charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular Recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic People – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- Employee bonus scheme - if the business does well, we believe you should get an extra thank you for your hard work at the end of the year
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
- Free fruit – we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
- Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
Due to Covid-19, our normal recruitment process has been adapted to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Most of the process will therefore be delivered virtually, and you will be thoroughly prepared prior to your interview to ensure you are set up to be at your best.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.