: Head of Engineering
: Up to £100,000 inclusive of benefits.
: Your working location may be temporarily different due to Covid-19. Once applicable, your normal working location will be Cardiff HQ.
Reporting to the CTO, the chosen candidate will be part of our Senior Leadership team driving forward our technology solutions of the future. Alcumus are doing something different and cutting edge. We are changing the status quo of risk management solutions and are looking for the best people to join us and make this a reality.
We have some key challenges; firstly, effectively lead and develop our global team of developers, QAs and technical experts. Secondly, be “One Alcumus” bringing together our North American and UK teams to work in collaboration. Finally, translate our tech strategy into workable solutions, engaging our teams and developing our talent of the future.
Within your first week you should expect to…
- Enjoy a full induction programme getting to know the business and the way we do things. Providing you with a good foundation to build on.
- Meet the teams across UK and North America, our CTO and Senior Leaders who will give you a good overview of their roles and how they add value.
- Start forming your own views on what the priorities are, how you can transform the team to deliver high quality solutions, what the journey will look like and how you can work with your peers to achieve this.
Within your first few months you will…
- Find your rhythm as a leader; making sure the team are moving in the right direction and achieving their best. You are clear on their deliverables and have key performance measures in place.
- Know how to get the best out of people and to deliver real results, representing tech at Board and Executive meetings.
- Making inroads to becoming “One Alcumus”, ensuing we have the right framework and forums in place to work collaboratively, achieving sound results.
- Get to know the wider stakeholders and C level team; understanding what the expectations are for your team and detail what we need from them, to achieve a seamless relationship.
A year down the line…
- Looking back, you will have done a fantastic job leading our teams who are engaged, motivated and are clear on what good looks like. You will have succeeded the strategic objectives, had a real impact and be focused on the future.
- As our teams grow, you should expect your role to; setting a path for the future.
- You will have attended our annual conference, get to know the wider business and share in the company’s successes.
Does this excite you? Fantastic, we would love to hear from you.
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger.
With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone who above all demonstrates our core values. In addition, we are looking for the following:
The Bits Our People Love
- A strong leader, confident working to C level with a proven track record of delivering excellence through others.
- Demonstrable experience setting out a framework to manage performance, structuring teams and knowing how to best communicate and influence.
- Experience working within a cutting edge, software environment, focused on building new and innovative solutions.
- Effective working as part of a top tier of leaders, working collaboratively and seeing the bigger picture.
- Detailed focused, being able to translate strategy into workable objectives.
- A strategic mindset understanding what can and can’t be influenced, always seeing problems as an exciting challenge.
- Perhaps you will be a CTO or Senior Leader in a smaller business, critical to leading a large, dispersed team on the front line.
- Can hold your own with key stakeholders and Executives, knowing how to manage difficult situations.
- Love your customer, how to delight and understand the end to end journey.
- You will have ambition and appetite to progress your career and make a difference.
- Ideally you will have experience managing international teams.
- We have a genuine focus on Health & Wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the Development of our people – We have an amazing in-house Learning and Development team who provide a blended learning approach at all levels of your career with Alcumus to get you ready for your next step (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about Charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular Recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic People – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- Employee bonus scheme - if the business does well, we believe you should get an extra thank you for your hard work at the end of the year
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
- Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
- Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
- Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
- Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
- Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
- Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
- Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
- Free fruit – we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
- Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
Due to Covid-19 our normal recruitment process has been adapted to ensure the safety of our employee’s and candidates. To ensure the quality and experience of the process is kept at a high standard, you will be thoroughly prepared prior to your interview. Please ensure that you have access to a webcam and laptop/computer so that your interview can take place virtually. Any presentations and assessments will also be completed virtually.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.