Job Title: QA Analyst
Salary: £Competitive plus benefits.
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Currently set up to work from home
We are looking for a collaborative QA Analyst, someone willing to challenge and go the extra mile to join our team. Together, with our team, you will play a key role in transforming our technical landscape and continue to improve our customer experience.
Alcumus are creating some exciting software products, to transform the industry and support our business strategy across UK and North America. If this excites you, be sure to get in touch.
What will a typical day look like?
· We work closely with the developers, our wider testing teams and other key stakeholders to ensure we are delivering high quality code.
· We review stories/ requirements and group into releases, to determine testing efforts required and estimated timescales.
· Manage the integration testing of releases, reporting progress using appropriate test metrics.
· We follow regular releases, CI/CD process and ensure we are working as efficiently as possible, and with that are always open to new ideas!
· Context shift between projects is crucial to master in our environment.
· We meet 3 times a week as a team and get the chance to gain insight into the wider QA teams
· We also have monthly 121s with the manager who provides regular updates, also giving us an opportunity to develop ourselves.
We are a small, growing team where knowledge share and collaboration is key to our people growing and developing. We will also provide you with support for your own development, including some online training resources.
If you are looking for a role where you can solve interesting problems in a modern and flexible work environment, we would love to hear from you.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for someone, who above all demonstrates our core values, but also has demonstrable experience in:
· Manual testing using Testrail & JIRA.
· Working in an agile environment.
· SQL, basic exposure.
· Analytical with good attention to detail.
· Good at managing multiple priorities.
· Able to respectfully challenge.
Some nice to haves would include:
· ISTQB certification – Foundation level
· API testing experience.
· Automation testing experience.
· Non-functional testing experience.
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger. With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
The Bits Our People Love:
· We have a genuine focus on health & wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
· We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
· We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
· We celebrate success with regular recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
· We work with some fantastic people – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
· 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
· Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
· Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
· Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
· Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
· Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
· Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
· Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
· Free fruit – we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
· Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
Due to Covid-19 our normal recruitment process has been adapted to ensure the safety of our employee’s and candidates. To ensure the quality and experience of the process is kept at a high standard, you will be thoroughly prepared prior to your interview. Please ensure that you have access to a webcam and laptop/computer so that your interview can take place virtually. Any presentations and assessments will also be completed virtually.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.