Job title: Software Solutions Developer
Location: Your working location may be temporarily different due to Covid-19. Once applicable, your normal working location will be Stratford Upon-Avon
Our Software Solutions Developers will play a crucial part of Info-Exchange moving to the next phase of our journey.
We are looking to transition our customer platform in-house, whilst growing our Engineering team who will help us continue to support, configure and add new features for our many customers. Always striving for the best, we need someone who is excited by the challenge and has a real focus on the customer experience.
Initially, you’ll help us provide 3rd line support, prioritising, troubleshooting & resolving tickets for some of the outstanding bugs and performance issues we have. Using your sound understanding of .NET, C# and SQL Server, you’ll quickly help us improve the functionality of older code.
Our ambition is to build our team, so would look for you to, in time, help us design and implement new ways to improve our offering, embracing new tech, which will allow us to enable new features and functionalities for our customers, as we ultimately migrate to Azure.
Working closely with our internal Project Managers and configuration teams, you’ll contribute to the product roadmap and communicate the technical changes to technical & non-technical colleagues.
As a Software Solutions Developer @Alcumus, you’ll be involved in development & applications management, alongside some new and legacy technologies. If this excites you, we would love to hear from you.
The Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for someone with a great attitude, who can demonstrate our core values. In addition, the following skills and capabilities will be essential:
- .Net Core and .Net Framework
- ASP.Net MVC
- SQL Server
- Ability to communicate technical language to non-technical people.
It would be great if you also had:
- ASP.Net Webforms
- RESTful APIs
- Understanding of how to build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Mentorship or leadership experience
The Bits Our People Love:
- We have a genuine focus on Health & Wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
- We invest in the Development of our people – We have an amazing in-house Learning and Development team who provide a blended learning approach at all levels of your career with Alcumus to get you ready for your next step (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
- We care about Charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
- We celebrate success with regular Recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
- We work with some fantastic People – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
- Healthcare Cash Plan (which includes an employee assistance programme, 24 hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services)
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Life Assurance (3x basic salary)
Due to Covid-19 our normal recruitment process has been adapted to ensure the safety of our employee’s and candidates. To ensure the quality and experience of the process is kept at a high standard, you will be thoroughly prepared prior to your interview. Please ensure that you have access to a webcam and laptop/computer so that your interview can take place virtually. Any presentations and assessments will also be completed virtually.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.