Job Title: Software Developer
Salary: £Competitive plus benefits.
Location: Cardiff, United Kingdom
Currently set up to work from home
Alcumus are building our Engineering capability and have opportunities for collaborative, innovative Software Developers who will help us transform our technical landscape and continue to improve our customer experience.
You’ll join our growing team focussed on building and developing software and digital products that support the business strategy of our internal and external clients in the UK and North America.
This will include leading development of an application that the market is yet to see.
You’ll write & review, performance critical code which sets the foundation of the application, as well as infrastructure and related tools. Continually enhancing our products and internal tools with code reviews, pair programming, and other agile techniques.
We encourage creativity, for you to share your ideas, solutions, and challenge if necessary, that will help us ensure the software delivered is performant, secure and scalable.
We are building our future platform using React on the Front End, Node.js on the Back End, so will expect sound experience in one or both.
The opportunities are great, so we would be looking for those with a practical but disciplined approach to software development. Where you will ultimately take responsibility for the development of reusable, cutting edge applications.
If you are looking for a role where you can solve interesting problems in a modern and flexible work environment, then we would love to hear from you.
The Ideal Candidate:
Our Full Stack Developers, will be able to demonstrate some (not all):
· Sound experience of Nodejs or React
· Mobile First UI development
· A broad knowledge of web technologies and frameworks including HTML5, CSS, WebSockets, WebServices, Events
· Software development experience in an agile/TDD/BDD environment.
· A collaborative, task orientated work approach
· Experience of SQL (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle)
· A focus on continuous improvement
We would also love to see:
· Exposure to Inversion of Control (IoC) programming principals
· Experience of or interest in AWS or Azure, API development, NoSQL, OWASP
· Mentoring or technical leadership experience or a desire to do this going forward
Alcumus are the UK’s market-leading provider of technology-led risk management solutions that help businesses of all sizes become safer, healthier and stronger. With PE backing and achieving double-digit year-on-year growth, Alcumus has ambitious growth plans both nationally and internationally for 2020 and beyond.
The Bits Our People Love:
· We have a genuine focus on health & wellbeing – With mental health awareness trained champions across the business driving a plethora of initiatives, we support and encourage our employees to bring their best selves to work.
· We invest in the development of our people - we have a progressive, customer focussed Learning & Development team working to support both your personal and professional development; helping you to shape your career pathway in a way that works for you (20% of our roles in 2019 were filled by internal promotions!).
· We care about charitable work and CSR in our communities – We have always got something going on, from Macmillan coffee mornings and children in need events to installing bee hotels and making food bank donations. We even give you an extra day off for volunteering and CSR work!
· We celebrate success with regular recognition – Whether it’s our annual conference celebration, awards for demonstrating our values/ length of service or a simple e-card; we believe in the power of saying thank you.
· We work with some fantastic people – We’re not even being biased, 93% of our employees say they have great relationships with the people they work with!
· 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) – who doesn’t love time off? As recognition of your loyalty, this will increase with length of service up to a maximum of 30 days
· Giving day - an extra day annual leave for you to give back to yourself, your community or support good causes
· Company pension scheme – we provide an enhanced pension scheme with generous employer contributions to set you up for later in life
· Healthcare scheme – your health matters to us so you’ll get access to an employee assistance programme, 24-hour online GP, gym discounts and the opportunity to claim back a variety of healthcare, dental, optical and wellbeing treatments/services. Your dependents under 18 in full time education will also be covered too!
· Life assurance – we will provide you with 3x your base salary for peace of mind
· Access to a rewards platform – you’ll be able to benefit from loads of great discounts and cashback opportunities to make your money go further!
· Enhanced family friendly leave – because family comes first. We offer an enhanced family friendly leave policy to allow you the time and financial peace of mind to enjoy your new arrival, regardless of your gender
· Cycle to work scheme – you’ll have the opportunity to purchase a shiny new bike and pay us back in instalments!
· Free fruit – we care about your health & wellbeing so grab a banana, apple or orange on us regardless of if you’re in the office or out in the field
· Free parking on-site – no one wants to pay for parking so you can park on-site at any of our offices around the UK for free
Due to Covid-19 our normal recruitment process has been adapted to ensure the safety of our employee’s and candidates. To ensure the quality and experience of the process is kept at a high standard, you will be thoroughly prepared prior to your interview. Please ensure that you have access to a webcam and laptop/computer so that your interview can take place virtually. Any presentations and assessments will also be completed virtually.
Alcumus are Equal Opportunity and Diversity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.